Laziness: The key to healthy eating


If you want to eat healthy, you need to make your inherent laziness an advantage.

Today I was busy programming and started craving a sweet, sugary snack.

I mean really, really craving.

So much so that I decided to walk to the store and buy something.

Walking to the store is necessary since we have been good about not keeping any junk food in the house.

I started to get ready to go out, but caught myself asking, "Wait, do I actually need this? Is it really worth the effort?"

If there had been any type of sweet snacks in the cupboard or fridge, I would have wolfed them down long before any such consideration.

So instead, I went to the fridge and got a few grapes -- even though they're not really my favorite food.

That satisfied the craving and I was able to get back to work.

So if you want to eat healthy, it's simple:
  1. Keep only healthy food in your house
  2. Use your laziness to your advantage :-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Manulife CoverMe insurance isn't worth it

Are you actually hungry?

The slow, painful death of social media