2009 Summary

2009 has been a busy, fun year!

In January, after selling all my furniture and giving up my apartment in Waterloo, I drove down to Texas.  I spent the winter in the beautiful beach town of South Padre Island, returning in the spring.

I had the pleasure of spending the summer around friends and family in Guelph and Kitchener-Waterloo.  Melissa and I planned our upcoming "overseas experience" to New Zealand.  In August, I sold my car and we flew to Fiji, then New Zealand.

We've since traveled around a lot of the North Island, and I have been taking flying lessons.

While in Texas, I wrote about the  US health care experience.  It will be interesting to see how that turns out.

I also wrote some management and software development articles, about getting people to respond to email,   why change is sometimes bad, and why one good programmer is better than 100 average ones.

I complained about the poor state of competition in Canadian mobile and broadband.  Good to see there's a new competitor now.

In July, I launched my new free classifieds site -- BuyMyStuff.com.

I wrapped up the year with a controversial piece on religion and another about lying to your kids.

Soon, we'll be off to the South Island for another adventure, spending New Year's in downtown Christchurch.

Here's to another exciting year!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Manulife CoverMe insurance isn't worth it

Are you actually hungry?

The slow, painful death of social media